I know parents always think their child is a genius, above-average, better than the others etc. Lucky for me, because Isabelle is not in daycare I don't really have any measuring stick by which to compare her. But that hasn't stopped me from thinking she is the sharpest little tool in the shed.
In my neurotic A-personality, obsessiveness I bought Isabelle many different flashcards when she was tiny. She has cards with animals, nature items, colors and shapes, and letters. The colors and shapes she has gotten very good at, she recognizes all the basic colors (blue, black, red, yellow, green, purple, white, and pink). She also knows square, circle, oval, star, and triangle. She knows some of the animals and some of the nature items, but what has blown me away is her knowledge of--and interest in--the letters of the alphabet. She is genuinely interested in them and will go out of her way get those cards. I would estimate she knows approximately 18-20 of the letters.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment