Isabelle and I sat next to each other in first class, with Paul across the aisle. She sat like a big girl in her seat and was generally a very good little traveller.
We had a layover on the way to NY, with a delayed flight, making it a long day. Given that she refused to nap on the plane...at all...she was a little grumpy on the second leg of the flight. There was some yelling and some crying at 30,000 feet - but not too bad. Chris Collinsworth, who shared a cabin with us on the flight, didn't seem to mind too much. Paul made me swear not to tell him I was still bitter about the Chargers/Bengals game from the early 80's...sigh, I am so very constrained.
We stayed at the Ritz, which was a magnificent hotel and right across the street from Central Park. I must admit that the one time I went to NY in 1995 I didn't see Central Park. In my mind I thought it was basically a huge park with running trials. Boy was I wrong. That place has a ton to do and is great for little kids like slides, swings and sand.
They have water-park fountains, which Isabelle of course loved!
The first day at the Park there were a lot of children around, while the second day, not so many. Why the reduction you ask? Because the second day Isabelle went to the Park it was cold. I mean 50 degree cold. Other children (look in the far background on the rocks) had sweaters and sensible clothing on. Isabelle preferred to be "nudie" (Paul required she keep a diaper on to her dismay) and played in the water until her lips started to turn blue and her jaw was chattering. She is such a water-baby.
Isabelle had fun in NYC. We took a carriage ride around the park, ate at fun restaurants (mmmm, pasta and stealing Mama's sandwich--good times!) and had a great time. In particular she liked the subway (or "train" as we called it). She begged to ride it and was unhappy when it stopped. She also had fun riding in the NYC cab, she was alone on the love for that one. She loved seeing the lights in Times Square and would have run down the streets had she been given the opportunity.
Isabelle also loved room service. It was during this trip that she turned the corner using her fork. She also liked the chocolate they put on your bed at night. We didn't realize she found them, until she was on, oh, her third. MMMM nothing says a good start to a great day like chockie for breakfast!

0 comments:
Post a Comment