Isabelle turned two this week. She is an incredibly bright, chatty, opinionated, happy, wonderful little girl. LITTLE GIRL! And I am her mother. Yes, yes, I understand the biology of it, but it seems so fantastical that I created this little being inside me. That she is my DNA and blood. How did I get to be her mother? Suddenly that seems to be a question that makes perfect sense.
In other, less esoteric news, Isabelle had a joyful birthday party. Emily and Gammy flew up (Teen and Steve attempted too but were foiled by Elastic Airlines). Isabelle simply adores Emily and had a wonderful time with her. Emily made her laugh and they ran and played and took baths together. Emily cut out decorations for her party and hung streamers and decorated chockie cupcakes and was a wonderful helper and made Isabelle’s birthday extra special.
See joyousness of cupcake making (and consuming) with cousin Emily:
Isabelle loved seeing “Gammy” too and was showed with toys and gifts and kisses. 37 years later I also understand my Mom’s urge to constantly smooch her children….Isabelle’s chubby, soft cheeks are like a siren’s song, that can’t help but draw you into a kiss.
All of Isabelle’s little friends came to her party, Owie, Carson, Molly, Zach, Riley, Kaylee, and Rilee. There were balloons and pizza, and a lot of noise. Cupcakes and soda and laughter. Isabelle and Kaylee stripped down there little nudie selves and plunged into a very blue colored bath (an even Isabelle likes to chat about) and splashed and laughed and put foamy-soap on each other.
She had a wonderful time was spoiled with gifts. I cannot believe she is two. Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

0 comments:
Post a Comment