1. Isabelle turned three;
2. Isabelle finally got a real baby sitter (i.e., not a family member or existing friend). I was very worried--well fretting really--about how she would do with Mariah. See I had chosen Mariah from a baby sitter website because she looked nice, had a clean background, sounded normal on the phone and had two horses (she's 28 so not a kid). Their first date was Isabelle going to Mariah's stable to meet and ride her horse. I hand rung and fretted. Then I worried and obsessed. Well, of course, I was a fool. So much so that Isabelle cried CRIED when Mariah dropped her off. She has since tried to lock Mariah IN our house and told me "Mariah is better than you Mom." Sigh...the life and times with a three year old.
3. Isabelle had three ear infections.
4. Paul turned 43.
5. Oh, and we had a baby. William Aren Lively, born March 28, 2009.
Isabelle was adorable when she first came in to see him. She said "oh, oh, oh...he's GORGEOUS!" It was hard for her to be away from us for three nights. And she had a tough few days adjusting but now seems to be back to her normal self. She still has a hard time when I am nursing him or rocking him to sleep, but has otherwise adapted quite well.
The cats were a bit more suspicious...
I came back to work on Monday (as in two days ago). I was ready, there were cobwebs on my brain. But I certainly miss Will during the day. I would miss Isabelle more, but she dropped us for Linda and Milly and Zach and hasn't wanted to come home for two nights. Mom and Dad just don't compare to a pool.

0 comments:
Post a Comment