Last week Isabelle started getting uncharacteristically cranky. I tried to put my finger in her mouth to feel if she were getting more teeth. I couldn't feel any new teeth but I certainly felt her existing teeth sink into my finger like a pit bull with a toddlers leg in its grasp. So her crankiness remained a mystery. That was until I was turning in circles while holding her face up across my arms (have I mentioned the child loves to spin?) in the middle of the Home Depot to try to assuage the loud complaints she was voicing related to nothing in general. It was at that moment, with her head craned back and mouth wide open that I saw them. Two molars on her upper gums (left and right side) poking there was through her tender gum flesh. The smoking gun. The reason for her crankiness.
As much as I felt relief in knowing what was causing our normally cherubic child to act as if she were possessed by Satan himself -- I knew we were in for a few weeks of torment. Sure enough, I was right. Several nights in a row Isabelle has woken up from what must be tooth pain. She cries and wants comfort (and gets comfort and Motrin - wonder drug for babies). Poor little thing. I wish I could make her understand that this is only temporary (until the bottom set of molars and then canines make there way in). But of course I cant. Which is why molars suck.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Too cute! I was laughing at all of your pictures. She is so adorable, Leah. I, too, am a huge pizzie fan. I would kill for the final piece, really. Sounds like things are going great - the molars are so much fun but wait - it gets even better with the attitude, the "no" thing, and the tantrum thing. OMG - do I really want to do this AGAIN? Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment