Monday, December 03, 2007

Pictures anyone?


We went to San Diego for TG. We spent two nights with Shana and Markus and “the boys” as Isabelle calls them, and two nights with Kristine, Steve and Emily. We had TG dinner with my Mom, saw my Dad and Aunt Barbara and Uncle Dave. Little hearts flew out of Isabelle’s eyes at her second cousin David, and had a fun time all in all. And me being me, I took about 50 pictures. I would love to post the pictures on the blog.

Now, my camera is pretty childproof. You have to push two different buttons to delete a single picture. You have to go into the third layer of the Menu in order to “delete all” – something I have never done because it’s too complicated. Have I heretofore mentioned that Isabelle likes to handle the camera? Anytime I am taking pictures of her she makes a huge grin and then comes at me with a very serious look on her little face, saying “hold it.” I usually let her hold it and she has a good time looking through the live viewfinder and we end up with 3985 pictures of the ceiling or my feet or whatever else she happens to be pointing the camera at when she can maneuver her little fingers to push the picture button.

Weeelllll, last week she was cheerfully taking pictures, or doing whatever her little toddler brain finds fascinating with the camera. Shame on me for not downloading the TG pictures immediately when we got back to Portland, because guess who managed to somehow locate the “delete all” button and push it??? You guessed it, Miss Isabelle did and so my Kodak moments are no more. Sigh…

…

So I have never taken Isabelle for any sort of professional pictures (what? Like I don’t have enough of them myself???). So I decided to dress my little hambone up in her adorable Christmas dress and take her to Babies R Us for some shots. Isabelle as you know loves pictures. She mugs so widely for them, in fact, you can usually count all eight teeth she has, but not be able to see her eye color. So I cheerfully set off to Babies with my adorable Christmas Girl in tow.

We got there about 10 minutes early and watched a group of about five girls, all dressed as Disney princesses sit for their pictures. Ms. Busy tried several times to evade my grasp and scamper up the sitting stage to be with them. Then it was her turn. Here is the adorable outcome:



Cute eh? I damn for hope it is. Because it is one of three, THREE out of maybe 30 shots that was taken in which Ms. Christmas was not howling, crying, or braying “MAMA!!!” at me in the longest 15 minutes I have shared with her since she was squeezing her shoulders through my pelvic region. Good lord. I am not sure what demon possessed her, but the picture experience was not fun. I had thought of taking her to see Santa later that same day and now wonder if I will take her to see Santa anytime before she can drive. Ahhh, the joys of the season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is too funny, Leah. We took Wyatt to have photos last night and he was SUCH a brat - I was totally embarassed. I mean, he rarely acts like that, especially in front of a stranger. We actually had to RESCHEDULE, it was so awful. I totally understand, man. I will let you know if the next attempt is successful. Hope all is well for you guys.

Elise on 6:26 PM said...

I can't believe that our babies will be 2 years. old. Isabelle is so cute and I love reading all the stories about her. Please keep them coming :) Love you all!

 

The littlest Livelys Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino