Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow and...uhm...vomit.


After spending four warm days in San Diego, we came back to the grey, rainy Northwest. The thing I don't like about the weather here is the boring grey days filled with drizzly rain. Well this morning when I woke up and opened the blinds I saw snow gently falling out the window. I love snow. Its delicate feather-like softness, the way it makes everything look clean and calm and peaceful. A light snow is good for the soul.

I toted ITL outside as the snow fell. As you know she loves to look at and inspect everything. And the snow was no exception. Her reaction seemed to be filled with wonderment, confusion, concentration, and delight. I loved watching her experiencing something new. Its as if you can see her mind expanding. Seeing the world through her eyes, if only in tiny fragments, never ceases to amaze and humble me.







Bad mom, didn't tame the baby's crazy morning bedhead:



And of course the chilliness means a perfect thumb-sucking opportunity.:


Oh, and about the vomit you ask? Well we think Isabelle must have eaten something bad. We are not sure it's the flu. She has been sleeping extraordinarily long the last two nights - even for her. Today Paul and ITL were on their way to do errands when Paul looked in the rearview and saw a baby covered in formula and cheese vomit. It was soaked all through her clothes and the car seat was covered. Poor baby, although she didn't seem to be really fazed by it.

She didn't really want to eat today (or last night for that matter) either. This is odd and she is usually the 26 lb. - Hoover. So tonight I have her sitting on the counter in the kitchen and BLECH out come the bottle full of water she has been consuming during the afternoon. Again it didn't seem to bother her. She doesn't have a fever and isn't lethargic, she is still playing and chipper - if not just a little extra cuddly and wanting to be held. Oh, and she has some badness in her diaper...its a good thing Paul is a Haz Mat technician because the smell of the diaper and its contents could kill you. I mean its bad. B-A-D. Poor child. Hopefully she will be feeling better tomorrow. And maybe there will even be a little more snow.

0 comments:

 

The littlest Livelys Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino