Thursday, October 19, 2006

Emergency!



Have you seen those shows? You know the ones where some cat or dog dials 9-1-1 when her owner falls onto the floor and cracks her hip? Those stories are heartwarming and amazing. Well, we had our own little 9-1-1 episode at our house recently. Only it didn't involve a heroic pet, or even an injury for that matter. No. It involved one cheery little baby and her foolish parents who let play with the phone. Now I am sure someone can figure out the probability of a 9 month old using her chubby little fingers with Frankenstein-like dexterity to dial 9-1-1 -- but I am quite sure its not high. Nonetheless, this is exactly what Isabelle did. I actually wasn't home at the time, I was at work (have I mentioned lately that I have been at work A LOT lately?). Paul was letting ITL "explore" - you know what they tell you to do to help her brain grow. Anyhow she explored the phone and called 9-1-1. It wasn't until after she had called and the phone hung up that Paul noticed what she had done. Of course, with any hang up the 9-1-1 operator calls back to make sure you are okay. And that's what happened here. Paul was left to explain that his 9 month old dialed 9-1-1. I am sure they get crank-kid calls all the time. Something to write in her baby book I suppose.

So what else is new in ITL news? She had her 9 month appointment yesterday. She is 29 1/2 inches long and 24.4 pounds. A big, happy girl. She still hasn't spouted any new teeth, although she has been drooling some lately and a little grumpy (by Isabelle standards), so we are thinking maybe her upper front teeth are on their way.

The latest new item on her menu is meat. I gave her little bits of steak and she liked it. She also likes the baby-sized turkey hot dogs. Yummy.




She continues to pull herself up on everything. She has, a few times, even transferred from the coffee table to the couch. Mostly this does not result in a successful transfer, however. Usually its ends in falling and her head - never going into the couch - but instead rumbling down the side of the unforgiving coffee table. Sigh... She is continuing to work on her "cruising skills" although that hasn't been moving forward too quickly. Oh well, its all about baby steps I suppose (HA! hah hah ha!!!). She continues to love to bounce in her Jumperoo, like a wild west bronc rider. And she loves it when I hold her and bounce her (its like doing 5 reps of 10 with a 25 pound barbell - maybe I will end up with some muscle tone somewhere on my body afterall).


She loves soft things. Mostly her sheepy, which she can never crawl by without flopping down on it. She also likes soft blankets to cuddle in and lay on. You can cuddle with her for a few minutes these days, which is precious and wonderful.

She still loves her exersaucer, although she no longer wants to be in it - but cruise around on the outside of it. Oh, and with the crawling, she will now crawl over everything - including you. When she comes at me (while I'm laying down) I squeal "oh, no. Attack of the killer baby!" (see photo below-this was an "attack"). Which she finds ultimately funny. She will crawl up on, and over me. Often pummeling me about. And a good time is had by all.



0 comments:

 

The littlest Livelys Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino