Okay, I know that I sometimes write about "fighting" with Isabelle regarding her food. Mostly it occurs when we are trying to feed her baby food (the liquidy type - which we have all but banned from her palate). Sometimes for inexplicable reasons, however, she won't want to eat even her favorite foods (such as bananas or pasta). Not this morning...
After sucking down her 8 oz. bottle of formula she proceeded to wolf down an entire jar (juice and all) of diced peaches and an ENTIRE banana. I'm not talking about one of those runty little bananas. I mean a full sized banana. She also had some puffs. I stopped feeding her after she polished off these items because I thought her belly just might rupture if I allowed her to eat any more. Who knows what additional food she might have shoveled into her maw had I not stopped providing it?!
She will be nine months old on Tuesday. NINE MONTHS! When did that happen??? I just can't believe how fast time is screaming by. And at (almost) 9 months she weighs (almost) 24 pounds. And mind you, that is first thing in the morning after she has eliminated much from the night before and not yet participated in a cruise-ship-inspired feeding frenzy. The 24 pounds maintains her status in the > 95% in weight for her gender and age. That's my girl! Paul is convinced that she will be taller than he is. I secretly hope he's right. You know I am ever so slightly taller than he is and grew up thinking I was a shrimp (thanks to the Dodds and my long legged sister). Grow Isabelle grow.
We have her 9 month appointment on Wednesday. I am really hoping to go. I have to finish writing a summary judgment that is due the same day, which explains why I am currently sitting in my office on a Sunday typing...into my blog. Sigh. Anyhow, we hope to get more pointers on what we should be feeding her from the doctor. It always seems a bit of a mystery. I know at some point we are supposed to reduce her bottles to 1-2 a day, I just don't know when, but I think as she nears 1 year. Around that time we also get to switch from formula to milk. YEAH! I swear, formula burps rival that of a burp from a sweaty sailor who has had eggs, beer and sausage for breakfast. Okay, maybe not that bad, but they aren't pretty. I miss the days on the non-toxic breastmilk burps and poops. Those were the days.
Ah, well, back to the grind. I MUST finish this motion. And should you ever doubt the, uh, entertainment-value of my work as an employment lawyer don't. I get to deal with cases that include allegations like this:
On four or five occasions, [manager] asked [female employee] if she was wearing a camel hair sweater. When she told him she did not know, he stated "because I can see your humps."
Who says law is a boring profession. What I really don't get (other than the fact that in 2004 someone would make a comment like this in the workplace-he admitted to it) is why after the first time manager said the the employee would continue to keep answering the camel hair question? Post a comment with your thoughts on any of this. I'd be happy to hear from you.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You're so funny. I was all stressed out about the whole "feeding guidelines" thing, too. Now I just shovel it in and hope for the best. Wyatt will still eat stuff I try to spoon to him but during every feeding he will try to slowly grab the spoon and then yell at me when I pull it away. We do hand snacks and spoon food now at all meals. Some things that Wyatt loves (its always nice to hear what other parents are feeding their babies) are yogurt (yami is a 4 oz favorite),graham crackers, eggo waffles (cut very tiny, of course), bits of turkey or chicken breast, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes and of course, the old standby, cheerios - which also now come in some fruity flavored variety. Anyway, those are the items we are currently showcasing at meal times. I am going to write you at your email now - hope the motion is cranking out okay. stephanie
Post a Comment