
This last weekend I went to Las Vegas with two of my best "chick" friends from Portland (Amy and Maggie) and my sister Kristine. Sort of an annual girls trip that I have looked forward to over the last few years. Only this year it was different. This year I would be leaving Isabelle behind (a.k.a. the littlest chick or the chicklette). Three nights away from Isabelle would be my longest separation from her since she was conceived. And frankly, there was a big part of me that did not want to go. I mean I only see her for about 2.5 hours a day anyhow and weekends are the only times I get a good dose of adorable baby to tide me over for the ensuing week. But, I had bought the tickets, we found a weekend we could all go, and I needed some female bonding. So off I flew away from my baby -- who was taken by Paul up to Gig Harbor to visit Aunt Cece, Uncle John, Casie and the Knuckleheads.
Vegas was fun. Vegas shopping was great. Zumanity (the "adult" Cirque de Soliel) was frightening and scarred me and Amy for life. And I had a great time with my girlfriends and my sister. I missed my baby though. I missed her sweet smell, hearty, deep laugh and the feel of her warm little body. I missed being woken up by her happy squeals and jabbering in the morning. I missed kissing her goodnight in the eveing. I missed seeing one more day of new wonder through her shining eyes. I wonder will leaving without her ever be the same again? I doubt it.
She -- on the other hand -- didn't seem to miss me. She entertained the cousins and had great fun with Aunt Cece and Uncle John. She slept great and played. She was her typical, happy self.
Her teeth are getting bigger. I will try again to take a picture of them. I bought a little baby toothbrush and some training tooth paste -- now if I could just remember to brush the two teeth I would be in good shape.
See continues to love to eat her finger foods as you can see here. And is getting quite good at grasping small objects, like peas and Cheerios. She likes fresh berries and banana. She continues to love her Gerber puffs.
She is just starting to ever so slightly "creep" around furniture when she pulls herself up. She can go up about 2 stairs now. As of yet she hasn't seemed to develop the fear of falling off of high places (i.e. the couch, the bed, the changing table). And she has, much to my delight, started cuddling. She will flop her hear down on you while sucking her thumb or if she is on Paul's shoulders will embrace his giant mellon and rest her whole little body on him. It's extra cute.

1 comments:
Oh my goodness - I watched that little clip and even without sound (I'm too lazy to hook up my speakers) that was too cute. I love how she just grabs the peas and crams her hand up against her mouth, not really even caring if they get in or not. Such a crack up. I needed that. My stress level is at an all time high AND I got my period and the worst cramps in years today. How awesome. anyway - adorable. I will eventually get some photos on my blog and send it to you. stef
Post a Comment