This is the first entry in Isabelle's blog. So, because I am new to this, and uhm, relatively computer-challenged, you will have to bear with me. I am hoping to upload new photos on this site and if I can figure it out videos as well or at this cite. Until then, here is Isabelle's first blog:
Isabelle is now crawling. Its not efficient and its not always pretty (although it sure is cute), but it gets her to where she wants to be. She has so far ventured into the kitchen. Her latest trend seems to be attempting to get into Mini's food bowl. We already moved Mini's dry food (aka protein filled choking hazards) upstairs along with her water bowl, but left the wetfood bowl in the kitchen.....not sure how much longer we will be able to do this as Isabelle seems intent on finding the bowl and no doubt trying to eat what's in it (mmm, yummy Senior Science Diet!).
The other hazard of crawling seems to be our house in general. We bought plug protectors and have generally tried to make things safe, but, well, I am not sure how well that's working. She is drawn to cupboards and drawers (next on the list to be secured) and to anything hard in the area (such as the wood floor, the tile around the fireplace, and the glass doors on the TV cabinet). Sigh... I am sure I have loads of bumps and bruises in my future and should just relax about it - but for now - I hover around like a hovering hover-thing in the hopes of not hearing a loud THUD! of the head on the hard thing.
Regarding eating, we have been trying to give Isabelle some finger foods such as vegetable puffs, Cheeri*s, and cheese. While she loves eating these tidbits she seems to have no interest in actually feeding them to herself....sigh. She is the little princess, and like a chubby baby bird, opens her maw and wants the food poked in.
It's not clear whether she is understanding sign language yet. We started working with it (eat, more, and milk) at 6 months and most of the time it seems like she has a fundamental grasp of "eat." "Milk" seems hit or miss and I am not sure "more" has any meaning at all. But alas, the video said it would take until month 9-10 to see results, so we will keep working on it.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have another friend who has taught her baby sign language. It really works, don't give up.
Boy, is she a cutie.
What is it with the measuring cup fascination? Wyatt is also a big fan of the gerber puffs, but he likes (or mommy likes) the sweet potato ones. Mommy is also a fan of the arrowroot cookies, as opposed to the dreaded zwieback toast, which is an awful mess and not very tasty for mommies. Leah, good for you for starting your own little blog. I will read it, I promise. Although I really don't know where you find the time, woman. stephanie
Post a Comment