
I have been wondering and wondering when she was going to sprout a tooth. It seemed like although she was ahead on most of her "milestones" she was late on the tooth-front. Well, I needn't wonder anymore. While shoveling sweet potatoes into her open maw on Friday I noticed a small white spot on her lower gum and sho-nuff when I felt in there I could feel a little tooth pointing up through the skin. Part of me was excited, part of me sad. It's seems like its her fist big step away from babyhood and into toddlerhood.

I am sure I am being typico melodramatic, but its true. I cannot believe how fast she is growing. Where is my tiny baby who just laid there waiting for me to pick her up and carry her around? She has been replaced by a little chubby bundle of energy. A little being showing more of an independent personality every day. When did that happen?
In other news she has a list of favorite toys for the last few weeks. Are they the shiny new toys I bought at Babies R Us? Are they the items from Amazon I only ordered after reading 862 customer reviews? Are they adorable gifts sent by friends and family? No. There aren't. They are (1) a thick emery board (think tongue depressor); (2) a measuring cup; and (3) a fat highlighter. Don't ask me - I don't know, like I said above, its her new little (strange) personality beginning to shine through. And there is new news on the toy front. For the first time, last week ITL cried (well made some grumpy whining protests anyhow) when I took a toy (the emery board) away from her. I had to laugh just a little. The "mine" time has cometh.
Crawling is going well. She is getting better everyday and can cover 5-10 feet pretty quickly when she wants to. Mostly she crawls away when I am trying to change her diaper. Which has led to at least one peeing on the carpet incident (okay that was caused by me wanting to let her bottom dry out....Thanks Mom). She's starting to want to pull herself onto things. Not up onto her feet yet, but onto me or Paul or her giraffe stool in her room. I cant imagine that it will e very long before we walk into her room one morning and find her standing up inside her crib, grinning from ear to ear.

We got new landscaping this week (yeah!!!). I took Isabelle to see the grass today. She picked and picked it like crazy and of course tried to stuff it in her mouth, as you can see here. She really enjoyed it outside though. She loves to look at the trees and plants and things in the sky. She seems so fascinated with the world around her. And my world, of course, is fascinated by her.

0 comments:
Post a Comment